MILWAUKEE — The latest U.S. Drought Monitor report shows southern Wisconsin is now in an “extreme drought,” as of Thursday, July 19th.
The northern parts of Ozaukee and Washington Counties are designated as being in “severe drought.” The same goes for most of Fond du Lac County and the far southwest corner of Sheboygan County. Most of Sheboygan County is considered in moderate drought status.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Pumpkin farmer battling against Mother Nature to save crop
- Gov. Walker declares drought emergency in ALL 72 WI counties
- Farmers dealing with drought cannot relax at Waukesha Co. Fair
- Obama calling on Congress to provide drought assistance
- Consumers could face steeper grocery bills due to drought
- Farm’s crops suffering from drought despite irrigation system