20-year-old dead after drive-by shooting
MILWAUKEE — A 20-year-old Milwaukee man is dead after friends say he was shot multiple times during a drive-by shooting on the city’s south side early Saturday, July 21st.
Mike Trevino was shot outside his home near 23rd and Orchard. Friends say two men in a car opened fire. That information is unconfirmed by police.
Trevino worked as an employee at Chucke E. Cheese, and was a graduate of South Milwaukee High School. Friends and family held a candle light vigil Saturday night. Candles were still were burning Sunday.
Neighbors say Trevino’s family has a known history of gang ties, but friends do not believe the Trevino was involved.
“He never wanted to get into a fight. He always stayed out of trouble. If it was gang related, he tried to stay away from it because he didn’t want to be a part of it,” neighbor Michaela Fisher said.
“They took someone extremely special to this family and from his friends. He was loved by so many,” friend Cassie Estrada said.
Friends are hopeful someone with information will come forward.
“Let someone know if you know who did this, because we need justification for this,” Estrada said.
Police have not released any information about this shooting at this time. Anyone with any information is asked to contact Milwaukee police.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!