Dead, bagged pit bull found in alley part of dog-fighting ring?
MILWAUKEE — FOX6 News received a tip Tuesday morning, July 24th regarding an abused animal found dead in an alley with a bag over its head. Now, Milwaukee police officials as well as Milwaukee’s Animal Control Commission are looking into the case.
The three-year-old pit bull mix was found in an alley between 34th Street and 35th Street near National Avenue on Milwaukee’s south side Tuesday.
A neighbor who found the dog dead in the alley with a bag over its head shared pictures with FOX6 News. NOTE: Some of the images are graphic.
The woman called authorities and shared the photos which indicate evidence of biting and abuse.
Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission Director David Flagler says it cannot be assumed this dog was a victim of dog-fighting just yet.
“Generally, if a person is trying to dispose of an animal involved in dog-fighting, it would normally not be this obvious,” Flagler said.
Flagler says it will take a full necropsy (the animal equivalent of an autopsy) to determine the cause of the dog’s death.
“It could be as simple as something like the dog passed away, or that some bad thing occurred to the animal. Our veterinarian will help police in making that determination,” Flagler said.
MADACC says if an animal that passes away, they can assist with disposing of the body.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed