19-year-old man run over by school bus, killed
MILWAUKEE (WITI) — Milwaukee police say a 19-year-old man was killed Wednesday afternoon, July 25th when he grabbed onto a moving school bus, lost his grip and was run over by the vehicle.
Police say the incident occurred near 88th and Carmen just before 3:30 Wednesday afternoon.
Police say as the bus was pulling away, the man grabbed onto the bus and held onto an open window, but lost his grip and fell under the bus where he was run over.
It does not appear the bus driver knew this was occurring. No citations are expected to be issued in the incident and no one is in custody.
Emotional family members at the scene, including the man’s mother, ViAnna Jordan say the man is Alexander Haskins.
Jordan led the recall effort against former District 6 Milwaukee Alderman Michael McGee, Jr., who was sentenced on a federal bribery conviction five years ago.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl