Firefighters douse small fire on 16th floor of US Bank building
Officials say an electric motor on the 16th floor overheated. That caused insulation to smolder and eventually start on fire. The smoke and the size of the building were enough to warrant upgrading the fire to a second alarm.
Maintenance workers were inside the area at the time of the fire. They were safely evacuated.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire quickly. The damage was contained to a service area.
Investigators estimated the damage to be around $30,000.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee