Firefighters douse small fire on 16th floor of US Bank building
Officials say an electric motor on the 16th floor overheated. That caused insulation to smolder and eventually start on fire. The smoke and the size of the building were enough to warrant upgrading the fire to a second alarm.
Maintenance workers were inside the area at the time of the fire. They were safely evacuated.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire quickly. The damage was contained to a service area.
Investigators estimated the damage to be around $30,000.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed