Kapenga announces candidacy for state Senate
State Capitol, Madison
Zipperer is leaving the Senate next month to join Gov. Scott Walker’s administration as deputy chief of staff.
Also running for Zipperer’s old seat is Rep. Paul Farrow, a Pewaukee Republican.
Both Kapenga, who is from Delafield, and Farrow were elected in 2010.
Under state law, the earliest Walker could call a special election to fill the seat would be early December, which could allow a primary, if necessary, to be on the same day as the Nov. 6 presidential election.
The open Senate seat has been in Republican hands for decades.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe