Chef Feker’s putting a uniquely Italian touch on pork. It’ll make your mouth water when you see what’s cooking.
• 2 lbs of Pork Loin cut in medallions and pounded
• Flour for dredging (or corn starch if you are gluten intolerant)
• 2 oz of kalamata olives pitted and chopped
• 1 cup of pork or chicken stock
• 1/2 cup of dry white wine
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, 4 tablespoons oil reserved and tomatoes chopped
• 1/3 cup pine nuts
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (from about 10 sprigs)
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped and loosely packed
• 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• 3-1/2 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom skillet.
2. Dredge the pork scaloppini and sear on each side for 1 minute
3. Deglaze the pan with the white wine, the lemon juice and the broth.
4. Add all ingredients (except the cheese and the pine nuts) and cook together until the pork is cooked through and you have well balanced sauce
5. Top with cheese and pine nuts and enjoy.