Nats’ Morse hits tying HR, go-ahead double in 11th
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Michael Morse hit a tying, two-run homer in the ninth inning, then delivered a two-run double in the 11th that sent the Washington Nationals over the Milwaukee Brewers 11-10 on Sunday, July 29th.
Bryce Harper drew a leadoff walk from Jose Veras (3-4) in the 11th and Ryan Zimmerman singled. One out later, Morse doubled down the left-field line for an 11-9 lead.
Morse’s homer with one out in the ninth off John Axford made it 9-all. The opposite-field shot barely made it over the wall in right.
The NL East-leading Nationals rallied for four runs in the eighth to tie it at 7.
The Brewers have lost nine of 10.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl