Police investigating three shooting incidents early Sunday morning
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police are investigating three shootings incidents that occurred overnight Saturday into Sunday, July 29th.
The first shooting occurred around 12:40 a.m. Police say a 20-year-old man sustained a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the left hand, and was treated at the hospital. This incident occurred in the 4000 block of North 7th Street.
Just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday, police responded to a double shooting in the 9000 block of W. Kaul. Police say two men in their 20s were in a parking lot, when shots rang out. One of the man was shot in the right ankle, and one was shot in the buttocks. Both men are expected to be okay.
Police say their investigation into this incident is ongoing, and it is unclear whether there are any suspects in custody.
Police say a third shooting incident occurred just before 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1300 block of South 23rd Street.
A man in his 20s was shot in the left calf.
Police say the man had a verbal exchange with the suspect, and the suspect shot the victim once.
The man was treated at the hospital and is expected to be okay.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl