Police investigating two squad-involved crashes
Milwaukee Police Department
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police officials are investigating two squad-involved crashes that occurred late Saturday night (July 28th) into Sunday morning (July 29th).
The first incident occurred in the 1300 block of W. Locust Street just after 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Police say officers were responding to a call when a vehicle disregarded the flashing red light, and drove into the path of the squad.
The officer swerved to avoid the collision and subsequently collided with a parked motor vehicle. The officer suffered minor injuries, but is expected to recover.
The second squad-involved crash occurred just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday near 14th and National.
Police say an officer responding to a call for police collided with a motorist who drove into the path of the squad.
No injuries were reported. The driver of the other vehicle is in police custody.
Police say the driver was arrested for OWI.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"