Milwaukee Brewers dismiss team’s bullpen coach
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Brewers relieved bullpen coach Stan Kyles of his duties Monday, July 30th. Lee Tunnell will replace Kyles on an interim basis and report to the team Tuesday.
Tunnell, in his fourth season in the organization, had been Minor League Pitching Coordinator. Prior to that role, he spent three seasons with the Cincinnati Reds as interim bullpen coach (2006) and pro scout (2007-08). He also coached in the Rangers organization for nine seasons (1997-2005).
Brewers relievers have gone 15-26 with a 4.80 ERA this season. The bullpen has recorded the most losses and blown saves (20) in the Major Leagues and ranks 28th in ERA and 29th in opponent batting average (.274).
Kyles had served as bullpen coach for the Brewers since the 2009 season.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery