Timothy Russell trial delayed until December
Timothy Russell (6-4-12)
MILWAUKEE — A new trial date was set Monday, July 30th for Timothy Russell — a former aide to Gov. Scott Walker when he was Milwaukee’s County Executive.
Russell is accused of stealing thousands of dollars intended for veterans and their families. He is charged in connection with the ongoing John Doe investigation into several of Walker’s former aides.
Monday, a judge ruled Russell’s trial will be delayed until December because Russell needs a new lawyer. His previous attorney took a job with the Fond du Lac District Attorney’s Office.
Russell’s trial is set to start on December 12th.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo