BloodCenter of WI offering free State Fair ticket to donors
Anyone 17 or older, in general good health and meets eligibility requirements is encouraged to donate blood. Parental consent is required for 16-year-olds to donate. Donors must bring a photo ID with birth date.
Participating donor centers include:
- Brown Deer, 5960 W. Brown Deer Rd.
- Greenfield, 7210 W. Edgerton Ave.
- Kenosha, 8064 39th Ave.
- Milwaukee, 638 N 18th St.
- Racine, 1120 S. Sunnyslope Rd.
- Sheboygan, 1018 S. Taylor Dr.
- Waukesha, 2111 Springdale Rd.
- Wauwatosa, 8733 Watertown Plank Rd.
- West Bend, 130 Valley Ave.
BloodCenter of Wisconsin continues to see an increased need for blood during the summer months when donations are on the decline because of summer travel and fewer school and community drives.BloodCenter must see at least 800 donors each day in order to meet the needs of the hospitals it serves.
Those looking to make a donation can make an appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or online at www.bcw.edu.