ICE officials, police arrest 14 in operation targeting gang members
The ICE operation, along with Milwaukee, Greendale and Greenfield police departments arrested the 14 men on Monday, July 30th.
13 of those men are Mexican nationals, and one from the Dominican Republic.
Police say the Mexican nationals are proven members or associates of the “Mexican Posse” street gang. The men are in ICE custody, pending deportation proceedings. Police say one of these men faces potential federal prosecution as an illegal alien in possession of a firearm.
The Dominican Republic man arrested has been charged in federal court for illegally re-entering the U.S. after having been deported.
Police say each of the 14 men arrested has a criminal history including arrests and convictions for a wide range of crimes, including narcotics trafficking, criminal damage to property and theft.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed