Suspect in custody in connection with Kenosha park death
KENOSHA — Kenosha police Wednesday, August 1st announced a suspect has been arrested in the death of 20-year-old Lashe Zalar. Zalar’s body was found as crews responded to a grass fire in Nedweski Park on July 9th.
Police are forwarding a request for first-degree intentional homicide charges against 21-year-old Joshua Braithwaite.
Police say additional charges will be requested.
Police say DNA evidence played a critical role in this investigation. A forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy determined Zalar’s death was related to the fire.
The suspect will make his initial court appearance Thursday, August 2nd.
Police have not released any additional information regarding this case at this time.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe