Teen accused in arrow shooting will be tried as an adult
FOND DU LAC — A Campbellsport teen has been formally charged with accidentally shooting a 7-year-old girl with an arrow, according to online court records.
Charges were filed Friday against Casey H. Bennett, 16. Because of his age, the case started in juvenile court. However, on Wednesday a judge granted prosecutors’ request to move the case to adult court.
Bennett has been charged with one count of second-degree reckless injury and one count of resisting or obstructing an officer.
Bennett told authorities he was shooting at squirrels in May when one of his arrows hit Aryanna Schneeberg in the back as she was playing outside of her home. She survived the incident.
Police searched for the shooter for 11 days. A social worker testified that Bennett told her he did not come forward because he was scared.
Bennett is due back in court Aug. 21.
- $10,000 reward offered for information in arrow incident
- Seven-year-old girl shot by arrow now home, recovering
- $500 reward offered for information in arrow incident
- Mother of girl shot and wounded by arrow talked about incident
- Seven-year-old girl hospitalized after being shot with arrow
- Doctors treating girl shot by arrow hold press conference