Co-workers say Deputy Aleman always willing to help
MILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office and the entire Milwaukee community continues to cope with the loss of Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Deputy Sergio Aleman, who lost his life following a crash on I-43 southbound Tuesday afternoon, July 31st.
Two days after Deputy Sergio Aleman’s death on a Milwaukee freeway, Milwaukee County Deputy Sheriff Norbert Gedemer shared some memories of the man he knew for over 20 years.
“(He was) never too busy to lend a hand, be it on the job or off the job. That’s what made him especially special,” Deputy Gedemer said.
Gedemer is the treasurer of the Milwaukee County Deputy Sheriff’s Association. The Sheriff’s Association has been flooded with offers to contribute to one of two funds established to help Deputy Aleman’s wife and five children.
“I don’t think I could express in words the great feeling it is to have so many people pull together from other agencies. It’s a great feeling to have that kind of outpouring of support,” Deputy Gedemer said.
In the weeks and months to come, Deputy Gedemer encourages people to remember Deputy Aleman’s service and focus on his family.
“It’s important for Sergio’s family that the father and husband that they knew would help out others at any time, regardless of what he was doing, and that the community now provides that assistance in return,” Deputy Gedemer said.
There are two funds that have been established to benefit Deputy Aleman’s family:
- The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Department has set up the Deputy Sergio Aleman Memorial Fund. Donations can be made at any Tri-City National Bank branch. The proceeds will be turned over to the family in the coming weeks.
- The Milwaukee Deputy Sheriff’s Association has also set up a trust for Dep. Aleman’s family. Donations to this fund can be made to the “Sergio Aleman Memorial Fund” at any M&I, a part of BMO Financial Group Branch. All proceeds will go directly to Dep. Aleman’s family.
- Community unites following loss of Sheriff’s Deputy Sergio Aleman
- Tow truck driver saw Deputy Aleman before crash, says he had “lost look”
- Milwaukee Co. Sheriff Clarke says “We’ve lost a good cop”
- Tow truck company owner expresses condolences after deputy killed
- Deputy Aleman’s name to be added to Deputy Memorial monument
- Deputy Sergio Aleman killed in wreck on southbound I-43