One World Trade Center beam signed by Obama now in place
One World Trade Center
NEW YORK — A famous beam was put in its place at One World Trade Center Thursday, August 2nd. It was signed by President Obama, first lady Michelle Obama, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and the Governors of New York and New Jersey back in June.
Each added their own special words of remembrance on the metal.
Construction workers and police officers added their names to the beam.
Crews have been working on One World Trade Center since 2006. It’s expected to be finished in 2014.
When it’s done, it’s expected to be the tallest building in the United States, with a final height of 1,776 feet.
- VIRAL: Dash cam shows something shocking, and then...
- Two killed, one hurt in head-on crash, speed possibly a factor
- Who would steal from a baby's grave plot? You won't believe this video
- Waukesha doctor "stunned" after alleged attack, police chase
- 7-year-old girl wakes up for school and finds her parents dead