Packers Heritage Trail offers over four miles of Packers history
GREEN BAY — The Green Bay Packers have some of the humblest beginnings of any team in the NFL. A four and a half mile trail through Green Bay gives you a detailed look at some of the places that were significant in the early days of the Packers organization.
The tour showcases 50 years (1919-1968), years that transformed the Packers from a sandlot football team into 11-time NFL Champions.
Packers Heritage Trail President Cliff Christl spent a lot of time researching the team’s history during his days as a sports writer. The tour is a 22 stop self guided walking tour through Green Bay.
One of the notable stops is the Old City Stadium, the Packers home from 1925-1956. A photo on the tour shows the energy at the stadium before the game.
A lesser known stop on the tour is the Luxury Hotel, where players from opposing teams stayed. It’s a place where the Chicago Bears didn’t enjoy staying thanks to the excessive noise from Packers fans during their stay.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him