Chef Feker joins FOX6 WakeUp with a fresh take on pasta! Check out Chef Feker's penne pasta with chicken and veggies.
Penne pasta with free-range chicken garden vegetables
- 1 Lb penne pasta
- 1 Lb Free Range Chicken breast diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 potato diced and blanched
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 lb fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 3 sprigs basil cut in thin strips
- 1 sprig of rosemary diced fine
- 1 Cup White wine
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup tomato sauce (homemade preferred)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, over high heat, sauté the chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the olive oil and sauté the onion for two minutes by it self then add, carrot, zucchini, spinach, corn, tomato, garlic and chili flakes and cook for another three minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and then reduce the wine by half.
- Add the tomato sauce and the herbs.
- Return the chicken to the sauce and cook over low heat until the chicken is done.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne to you’re desired doneness. Toss the penne with the finished sauce, Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper to your liking.