IL MITO’s Linguine with Aromatic Sparkling Sauce
Never before have you had linguine like the kind Chef Feker whips together. And he’s willing to share some of his secrets with you. Check out the recipe.
Yield 4 main-dish or 8 first-course servings
Total Time 35 min
· 1/3 cup Sparkling wine
· 1 lb Medium size shrimp deveined
· 1/2 Pound of bay scallops cleaned (dry pack preferred)
· 1/2 pound clams, cooked, de-shelled and chopped
· 1 pound of fresh mussels
· 1/3 cup clam juice
· 1 small fennel bulb sliced thin in half moons
· 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 3/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
· 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 2 tablespoon of fresh basil shredded thin
· 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil sliced thin for color and flavor
· 1 lb linguine
· 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
· 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
· More extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling;
· Dried hot red pepper flakes to add
1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over medium heat until moderately hot, then add fennel and onions, cooking, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, half of the parsley and Basil and all of oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is lightly golden, about 2 minutes, then add sun-dried tomato mussels, scallops and shrimp into sauce and simmer, Stir in sparkling wine and clam juice and bring to a boil, covered, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
2. Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling well salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
3. While pasta is cooking, reduce sauce by 1/3 un covered for about another 3 minutes, Remove from heat and Add pasta to sauce along with remaining herbs toss with sauce until combined well. Stir in butter until melted.