Never before have you had linguine like the kind Chef Feker whips together. And he’s willing to share some of his secrets with you. Check out the recipe.
Yield 4 main-dish or 8 first-course servings
Total Time 35 min
· 1/3 cup Sparkling wine
· 1 lb Medium size shrimp deveined
· 1/2 Pound of bay scallops cleaned (dry pack preferred)
· 1/2 pound clams, cooked, de-shelled and chopped
· 1 pound of fresh mussels
· 1/3 cup clam juice
· 1 small fennel bulb sliced thin in half moons
· 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
· 3/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
· 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
· 2 tablespoon of fresh basil shredded thin
· 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil sliced thin for color and flavor
· 1 lb linguine
· 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
· 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
· More extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling;
· Dried hot red pepper flakes to add
1. Heat oil in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over medium heat until moderately hot, then add fennel and onions, cooking, until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, half of the parsley and Basil and all of oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is lightly golden, about 2 minutes, then add sun-dried tomato mussels, scallops and shrimp into sauce and simmer, Stir in sparkling wine and clam juice and bring to a boil, covered, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
2. Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling well salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
3. While pasta is cooking, reduce sauce by 1/3 un covered for about another 3 minutes, Remove from heat and Add pasta to sauce along with remaining herbs toss with sauce until combined well. Stir in butter until melted.