State Senator Lehman denies posting insulting tweet
RACINE, Wis. (AP) — State Sen. John Lehman says his campaign wasn’t responsible for a tweet that called a Republican constituent a “moronic fool.”
Lehman says neither he nor his staff posted the tweet, posted on Thursday, August 2nd. The Racine Democrat says his campaign’s Twitter account had a simple password, and he believes a “mischief-maker” was able to hack it.
The tweet was directed to Republican blogger Tamra Varebrook of Union Grove.
It read: “@TamraTellsIt ‘Rookie Blogger’ is that how we say moronic fool nowadays? #wiright #p2.”
Varebrook ran as a fake Democrat against Lehman in May to force a Democratic primary ahead of an election to recall then-state Sen. Van Wanggaard.
The 43-year-old homemaker says she was “completely shocked” by the tweet.
Lehman is reportedly deactivating the Twitter account.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed