Deputy Sergio Aleman’s family releases statement
MILWAUKEE — The family of Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Deputy Sergio Aleman, killed in a crash on I-43 early last week, released a statement through the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office. Deputy Aleman left behind a wife, and five children.
“We, the Aleman Family, would like to express our deepest and most heartfelt gratitude to the entire community for the outpouring of love and support during this most difficult time. Sergio truly has had a tremendous impact on the lives of many. He was a loving husband, dedicated father and friend to many. Words cannot express how deeply he will be missed.
We would also like to extend a special thank you to the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office and all law enforcement personnel who have stood by our side and share in our loss.
The Aleman Family”
Funeral arrangements have been set for Milwaukee County Deputy Sergio Aleman, killed Tuesday, July 31st in a crash on I-43.
Law enforcement officials from across the state will participate in a procession from the church to the cemetery.
A public visitation is set for Monday, August 6th from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Max A. Sass and Sons Funeral Home — 8910 W. Drexel Avenue in Franklin.
A family visitation will be held from 8:00 to 9:00 p.m.
A memorial service will be held Tuesday, August 7th starting at 11:00 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Church — 723 Washington Ave. in Milwaukee.
The procession will occur around 1:00 p.m. to the cemetery.
Interment will be at Saint Adalbert Cemetery — 3801 S. 6th Street in Milwaukee.
There are two funds that have been established to benefit Deputy Aleman’s family:
- The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Department has set up the Deputy Sergio Aleman Memorial Fund. Donations can be made at any Tri-City National Bank branch. The proceeds will be turned over to the family in the coming weeks.
- The Milwaukee Deputy Sheriff’s Association has also set up a trust for Dep. Aleman’s family. Donations to this fund can be made to the “Sergio Aleman Memorial Fund” at any M&I, a part of BMO Financial Group Branch. All proceeds will go directly to Dep. Aleman’s family.
- Co-workers say Deputy Aleman always willing to help
- Community unites following loss of Sheriff’s Deputy Sergio Aleman
- Tow truck driver saw Deputy Aleman before crash, says he had “lost look”
- Milwaukee Co. Sheriff Clarke says “We’ve lost a good cop”
- Tow truck company owner expresses condolences after deputy killed
- Deputy Aleman’s name to be added to Deputy Memorial monument
- Deputy Sergio Aleman killed in wreck on southbound I-43
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed