Residents return to evacuated Cudahy neighborhood after temple shooting
CUDAHY (AP) — Residents of a suburban Milwaukee neighborhood evacuated Sunday evening as federal authorities searched a duplex have been allowed to return to their homes.
The Cudahy duplex is about six miles from the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek where police say six people were shot and killed by a gunman who was fatally shot by an officer Sunday.
Federal agents and local authorities converged on the Cudahy neighborhood and focused on the duplex. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent Tom Ahern said a warrant was being served at the home of the gunman, but he did not specifically identify the duplex.
A Cudahy police dispatcher, who did not want to be identified, said residents began returning to their homes around midnight.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
CLICK HERE for additional Sikh Temple shooting coverage via FOX6Now.com.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo