S. Howell Ave. closed between Rawson Ave. and Drexel Blvd.
MILWAUKEE — Due to the Sikh Temple shooting Sunday, August 5th in the city of Oak Creek, South Howell Avenue between Rawson Avenue and Drexel Boulevard will remain closed.
Oak Creek police say the road will be closed for an undermined amount of time.
Officials are asking that alternate routes be used to assist with traffic control and drive times for those who normally use that route.
Federal officials Sunday evening blocked off an area surrounding a duplex in a Cudahy neighborhood following the shooting in Oak Creek at the Sikh Temple as they executed a search warrant — reportedly at the possible home of the suspected gunman. Some residents were evacuated, but have since been able to return to their homes.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
CLICK HERE for additional Sikh Temple shooting coverage via FOX6Now.com.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo