Mashed Potato Cakes
Chef Feker joins FOX6 to make mashed potato cakes.
2 cups chilled mashed potatoes (no milk or butter when you make)
1/4 cup of roasted garlic
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
1 tablespoon of fresh herbs consisting of rosemary, oregano and basil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Mix the garlic the herbs and the potatoes & Divide the mashed potatoes into 10 equal portions.Use ice cream scope & your hands to form 1/2-inch thick patties.
Heat the oil with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost
smoking. Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a pie plate. Coat the potato patties in the flourmixture. Add the potato cakes to the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until theyhave formed a golden crust, 15 to 20 minutes. (Peek underneath using a spatula before turning.)Turn and cook the other side until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper and serve hot
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father