Two-vehicle crash involving paint truck shuts down I-43
SHEBOYGAN CO. — Both lanes of I-43 north of Playbird Road were shut down Thursday, August 16th following a two-vehicle crash. The crash occurred just before 9 a.m.
Sheboygan County Sheriff’s officials say one person was taken to the hospital for a minor injury.
Officials say a truck crossed into the median and tipped over, spilling part of its load. Officials learned the truck was potentially carrying hazardous paint after observing a decal on the truck. The hazmat team was called to the scene as a precaution.
The truck is owned by Sheboygan Paint and a representative of the company was on scene to help responders. Materials spilled were determined to be a water based paint, non-toxic and non-flammable. Several drums of hazardous paint were on board but did not spill.
The truck was operated by 58-year-old Timothy Barthels of Sheboygan.
The car’s driver was 85-year-old Adeline Herzog of Sheboygan.
I-43 southbound was closed at Cth XX in Manitowoc County and detoured to Sth 42. The passing lane of I-43 northbound was closed.
All lanes of I-43 have since reopened.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee