Fire contained in West Allis apartment building
MILWAUKEE — Firefighters contain a fire at an apartment building at 83rd and Oklahoma Saturday night. The fire was called in by an off-duty firefighter around 8 p.m. in an apartment on the second floor towards the back side of the building.
Witnesses saw smoke and fire was blazing out of the second floor windows and roof. We’re told by Acting Milwaukee Firefighter Deputy Chief Sean Slowey that a crew opened up the roof in order to stop the fire from spreading to the rest of the building.
Acting Deputy Chief Sean Slowey says a few minor injuries were reported from residents and firefighters, but no one needed to be treated at a hospital.
Police also said the fire was only in one apartment and none of the other units were burned. That person was removed from the apartment, and resuscitated by a paramedic crew.
There is also no cause of the fire at this time, but it’s currently under investigation.
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo