Deputy slightly hurt after responding to crash on I-94
MILWAUKEE — A Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Deputy was slightly hurt while attending to a crash on I-94 near Layton Ave. Tuesday morning, August 21st.
The incident began when one motorist lost control of his vehicle around 11:30 a.m. and struck another vehicle in the northbound lanes where the split for I-894 occurs.
A deputy responded to the crash the scene — and found there was only damage to the vehicles. Neither of the drivers was hurt.
The deputy was inside his squad and calling in information about the crash when his squad car was clipped by a semi. The deputy suffered minor injuries. He was taken to a hospital to be checked out.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- Fundraiser being organized to benefit family of Sergio Aleman
- Funeral service held for Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Deputy Sergio Aleman
- Deputy Sergio Aleman’s family releases statement
- Funeral arrangements set for Deputy Sergio Aleman
- Co-workers say Deputy Aleman always willing to help
- Community unites following loss of Sheriff’s Deputy Sergio Aleman