Husband accused of burning wife in Madison
MADISON (AP) — Dane County prosecutors say a Madison man poured gas on his wife and lit her on fire after accusing her of having an affair.
A criminal complaint says 59-year-old Andrew Spear hit Mary Spear, a state attorney, and drove her to their storage unit Aug. 16th where he set her on fire. The complaint says the fire briefly ignited her arms and legs before her husband helped put it out.
Mary Spear is the chief legal counsel for the state Department of Health Services. Andrew Spear appeared in Dane County Circuit Court Tuesday, August 21st where bail was set at $500,000. He’s charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide, false imprisonment, disorderly conduct and battery.
Defense attorney Brian Brophy says Andrew Spear disputes many of the allegations.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?