8-25-12: Chef Feker’s Bechamel Sauce
Chef Feker serves up an amazing Bechamel or white sauce. If you’re looking for something different for that next Italian dinner you’re whipping together, give this a try.
Yield 3 cups
• 5 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 cups milk
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 4 bay leafs
• 1/2 onion sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat until warm. Add the flour and stir until smooth. Cook over medium heat until the mixture turns a light, golden sandy color, about 6 to 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the milk in a separate pan with all he remaining ingredients until just about to boil, then reduce and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the hot milk to the butter mixture 1 cup at a time, whisking continuously until very smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat. Strain again if lumpy and set aside.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe