One dead, deputy hurt after accident in Town of Eden
TOWN OF EDEN — A deputy from the Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Office was involved in a traffic accident Thursday evening, August 23rd that resulted in a fatality. The victim is 20-year-old Matthew Koenigs of Fond du Lac.
The wreck happened just after 9 p.m. on County Highway B at County Highway K in the Town of Eden.
The deputy, identified as 31-year-old Ryan Flood, sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to St Agnes Hospital where he was treated and released.
Investigators say weather conditions were not a contributing factor. Alcohol use was also not a factor of the crash.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is investigating the traffic crash.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"