Racine man gets 40 years for sexual assaults
RACINE (AP) — A Racine man described as a serial rapist whose own father remains locked up for a sexual assault has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
Shanell Gordon was accused of two sexual assaults and one attempted assault between Feb. 21 and March 24, 2011. They involved two 16-year-olds and a 23-year-old woman.
The 29-year-old apologized in court Friday, August 24th and noted his father wasn’t around and he got picked on in school.
Attorney Richard Hart said Gordon functions at a third-grade level.
Circuit Court Judge Wayne Marik acknowledged Gordon had limitations but said he still could understand that what he did was wrong.
State prison records show Gordon’s father is imprisoned as a sexually violent person on a more than 20-year-old Racine County sexual assault.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father