61-year-old grandfather drowns at Sheboygan’s North Beach
SHEBOYGAN — Sheboygan police say a 61-year-old man was killed Sunday, September 2nd just before 3:00 p.m. at North Beach.
Officials say the man from Freedom had gone into the water to assist his nine-year-old grandson, who had been swimming but had gotten too far from shore.
The nine-year-old was assisted to shore by other beach-goers who noticed the boy’s grandfather had not returned to shore.
The man was located unresponsive in the water, and he was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?