Two firefighters hurt battling garage fire in Whitefish Bay
WHITEFISH BAY — Two firefighters suffered minor injuries on Monday, September 3rd while battling a garage fire on Kent Ave. in Whitefish Bay.
First-arriving units found a fully-involved detached garage in the rear of the home. While attacking the fire, officials found a propane cylinder that was leaking and on fire — a possible explosion risk.
Firefighters eventually brought the fire under control. There was no damage to any neighboring structures.
One firefighter was hurt when the storage unit in the upper rafters of the garage collapsed. He was taken to the hospital for treatment. Another firefighter was taken to the hospital for exhaustion.
No other people were hurt.
Investigators have not indicated what caused the fire. Officials say the fire caused damage to the garage and contents totaling $45,000.
Read more about this story from FOX6′s media partners at the Whitefish Bay Patch by CLICKING HERE.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.Submit Your Photo
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo