Teresa Boone murder suspect expected to be formally charged

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MILWAUKEE — The 32-year-old man accused of murdering 45-year-old Teresa Boone at Kilbourn Reservoir Park in Milwaukee’s Riverwest neighborhood, could be formally charged Thursday, September 6th.

The 32-year-old suspect is accused of stabbing 45-year-old Boone to death Sunday night, September 2nd at the Kilbourn Reservoir Park during an attempted robbery.

FOX6 News has learned that the 32-year-old man is the son of a Milwaukee County judge. The 32-year-old suspect is currently in police custody. FOX6 is not releasing the names of the suspect or judge until charges have been filed.

To avoid any conflict of interest the suspect may see his case prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office, versus the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office – a move the victim’s family says they’re happy about.

Wednesday morning, September 5th, the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office told FOX6 News it had already contacted the Wisconsin Attorney General’s Office regarding taking over the case.

“That way, the victim knows that there’s nothing special going on in the case. The victim’s family knows that and the public in general,” O’Meara said.

Boone’s family members say they agree with the move.

“It won’t be no favoritism. It will be an honest, fair trial,” Carolyn Bond, who’s son had three children with Boone.

Related stories: