Two face tentative arson charges following Village of Argyle fatal fire
MADISON — Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen announced Sunday, September 9th two people face tentative arson charges relating to a fire that killed three in the Village of Argyle.
Armin J. Wand II and 18-year-old Jeremy L. Wand of Argyle each face a tentative charge of Arson of a Building with Intent to Defraud — a felony following the September 7th fire on Oak Street in the Village of Argyle.
On September 7th, 2012, at approximately 3:10 am, the Argyle-Adams Fire Department was dispatched to a residential house fire. Three people died in connection with this fire, and one person remains in the hospital in critical condition.
Officials say Armin J. Wand is the father of the three children who died in the fire, and Jeremy J. Wand is the uncle of the three children.
The investigation by the Village of Argyle Police Department, Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department and the Division of Criminal Investigation is ongoing. No further information is available at this time.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!