Bystanders jump into Milwaukee River to rescue person who jumped
MILWAUKEE — Crews pulled an individual from the Milwaukee River near the Juneau Avenue Bridge Wednesday, September 12th. A tweet from Milwaukee police indicated the individual may have jumped into the river during a suicide attempt. Later Wednesday evening, MPD said the man has died.
Milwaukee Fire Department officials say the call came in around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials say two bystanders jumped into the river in an attempt to save the individual who jumped in. Construction workers then stepped in to rescue the bystanders.
The MFD Dive Rescue Team pulled the first person out of the river and transported the individual to the hospital, where he later died.
The man has not yet been identified, pending notification of family.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?