IL MITO’s Stuffed Organic Chicken Breast
Chef Feker takes your ordinary chicken breast and takes it to a new level. Check out his recipe and give it a whirl.
• 4, 6-oz chicken breasts, cut with a pairing knife to create a pocket.
• 1/2 cup creamy ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
• 4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes marinated in oil sliced thin
• 4 strips of bacon chopped
• 1 pound spinach blanched and squeezed dry then chopped
• 2 cloves garlic chopped
• 1 small red onion diced fine
• 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
• 1 cup of breadcrumb
• 1 cup of milk
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup of wine
• 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
• Salt and white pepper
Directions for the filling
1. Heat half the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the bacon until crisp.
2. Remove bacon bits and set aside. Then sauté onion.
3. When the onion is translucent, add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add the paprika and chili flakes and cook for one more minute.
5. Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté, stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
6. Add the oregano and sauté two more minutes.
7. Transfer the vegetables to a plate or small tray to cool. When the vegetables have cooled to room temperature transfer them to a large mixing bowl and fold in the Parmesan the ricotta cheese and the bacon bits and the remaining olive oil.
Directions for the chicken
1. Spread a thin layer of the filling inside the pocket of the chicken.
2. Using a toothpick close the cavity. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
3. Heat a large pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Meanwhile, season each chicken breast with salt and white pepper. Flour each and shake of any excess flour. Dip in the milk then the breadcrumb. Sear all sides of each chicken breast in the pan until golden brown (you may need to do this in batches).
5. After all of the chicken breasts are seared, place in a baking dish and place in a preheated 375-degree oven cook until the internal temperature of the stuffing reaches 155 degrees.
6. Meanwhile discard any excess oil that remains in the pan.
7. Add the white wine and the chicken stock, bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook down to a glaze.
8. Remove the chicken breasts to a platter and drizzle the reduction around it.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?