One-year-old boy clad in pajamas rescued from Dodge Co. highway
TOWN OF PORTLAND (AP) — A Watertown man and his daughter saved a young boy who wandered onto a Wisconsin highway.
Dodge County Sheriff’s authorities say the rescue happened about 9:20 p.m. Tuesday, September 18th on Wisconsin 19 in the Town of Portland.
Guadalupe Ollarzabal and hs 19-year-old daughter were driving along when he saw a 20-month-old boy wearing Superman pajamas in the road.
Sheriff Todd Nehls says Ollarzabal quickly turned his vehicle around and told his daughter to grab the boy so he wouldn’t be hit by another vehicle.
A deputy arriving on the scene found the daughter still holding the toddler.
The child reportedly said “mommy working.” The child’s father was found and told police he fell asleep while watching his son.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Now in custody; woman who vanished after 2013 credit union robbery
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed