Teen accused in arrow shooting bound over for trial
FOND DU LAC — 16-year-old Casey Bennett was ordered on Friday, September 21st to stand trial. Bennett is the Campbellsport teen accused of accidentally shooting a seven-year-old girl with a bow and arrow.
Bennett is charged with second-degree reckless injury and obstructing an officer. Earlier this month, a Fond du Lac County judge waived the teen into adult court, and he’s now fighting a felony charge.
Bennett told authorities he was shooting at squirrels in May, when an arrow hit Aryanna Schneeberg in the back while she was playing outside her home. Doctors at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin said the girl was “lucky to be alive” after the arrow sliced through her spleen, stomach, diaphragm and lung before stopping at her liver.
Bennett and his family signed the bond so he can continue living at home with a GPS monitoring device. That home is no longer in Schneeberg’s neighborhood.
- $10,000 reward offered for information in arrow incident
- Seven-year-old girl shot by arrow now home, recovering
- $500 reward offered for information in arrow incident
- Mother of girl shot and wounded by arrow talked about incident
- Seven-year-old girl hospitalized after being shot with arrow
- Doctors treating girl shot by arrow hold press conference