Teen accidentally shot after friend pulls trigger
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police say a teenage boy is fighting for his life after he was accidentally shot. Police say a group of friends were playing with a gun.
According to witnesses an 18-year-old was holding the gun with a group of friends who had gathered at an apartment near 27th and Burleigh, when the gun fired just after 10 p.m. Friday, September 22nd.
“He had the gun in his hand. I guess he thought there was no bullet in there. He kept clicking it and clicked it and it finally went off,” says Danario Jones who lives in the apartment.
Witnesses say the victim, who just turned 15, suffered a single shot to the chest. “I thought is was something outside, ran out the room, and see him laying on the floor,” says one witness.
According to Jones, the 18-year-old was taken into custody. This has not been verified by the Milwaukee Police Department.
“It’s not a toy, you can;t play with guns. I don’t know why they was doing that. Just crazy,” says Jones.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed
- "World's most haunted island" up for auction & could be yours!
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe