(CNN) -- The verbal battle between Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj might be turning into a war.
On Thursday, Octover 4th as "The View's" Barbara Walters told Carey's side of the "American Idol" argument that took place earlier this week, Nicki Minaj unloaded her side on her Twitter account.
ABC, which airs "The View," reports that Walters interviewed Carey about the dust-up prior to Thursday's show.
Walters said that the singer told her she "doesn't feel comfortable emotionally," and that "multiple people heard" Minaj say, "If I had a gun, I would shoot the b****" after the rapper's outburst at the judges' table. Walters said that Carey plans to continue working with "Idol," and has also hired extra security.
Minaj took to Twitter Thursday to deny that she ever said anything about a gun.
Perhaps referring to a meeting Walters said occurred between Minaj, Carey and the "Idol" producers on Wednesday, Minaj posted, "I thought we resolved it yesterday but I see u want ur pity party to continue. ... I don't call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet. Never needed an army. God is good. Insecurity is as cruel as the grave. .... I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we've had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn."
Minaj tweeted that "The View" didn't reach out to her camp for comment, quipping "I guess we're too dangerous," and said that "Ironically no camera or mic heard the gun comment tho ... Not even the producers believed u."
She continued, "Hey yAll. Lets just say nicki said smthn about a gun. ppl will believe it cuz she's a black rapper. Lmao. I'll then hit up Barbara n milk it ... The struggle to be a victim is real in these streets. Lmaooooooooooo," Minaj tweeted. "All I do is compliment u. That's not enuff? Ur a legend, cheer up. U don't have to run down ur resume or feel intimidated. Shady McGrady..."
The argument between Carey and Minaj happened at the "Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Tuesday, and TMZ obtained video in which Minaj could be heard speaking loudly. Their disagreement was over a contestant, and at one point Minaj reportedly said, "I told them I'm not f****n' putting up with your f*****g highness over there ... Figure it the f*** out."
"Idol" host Ryan Seacrest confirmed that things went "a little far" at the "Idol" auditions, explaining on his radio show Wednesday that the dispute grew so heated producers called it a wrap with a few more contestants left to go.
Aside from speaking to Walters, Carey's been quiet. But her husband, Nick Cannon, hasn't been.
Speaking to Access Hollywood Wednesday, Cannon called his wife "the strongest and classiest woman that I've ever met. If you watch the video, she just maintains her composure... I don't think she's moved by the theatrics and pageantry of it all. She signed up to do a job to help young people... this is like a sidebar. I hope that's not what this show becomes, about the catfights."
Cannon said he spoke with Carey Tuesday after the incident happened, and that she wasn't focused on her beef with Minaj.
"She called me and we were talking about the kids ... at the end of the day, she's a mom and that's my wife ... we got diapers to change and kids to raise."
For his part, fellow new judge Keith Urban is hanging in there. He told CNN at the New York Film Festival premiere of his wife Nicole Kidman's film "The Paperboy" on Wednesday that "Idol" is "WAY more" controversial than everyone says, but he's having fun nonetheless.
"It's treating me great, I'm loving it," Urban said. "We're having a good time and hopefully discovering some great talent."
Fox had no comment, and neither did reps for Mariah Carey.
CNN's Denise Quan, Jack Hannah and Jessica Iavazzi contributed to this report.