Prize-winning dairy cow killed in inattentive-driving crash
Police say the woman was reading a text message while driving Saturday night, October 6th. She allegedly swerved into a cattle trailer in the next lane, causing the trailer to crash into a ditch and overturn.
Inside the trailer were eight prize-winning Jersey cows from the Dairy Expo valued at around $500,000.
One cow died in the crash. The others were led safely from the overturned trailer by other Expo-goers who saw the crash and stopped to help.
Neither driver was hurt.
World Dairy Expo general manager Mark Clarke says the owner of the cow is from a state outside of Wisconsin.
- 24 people apply for ‘World’s Toughest Job' & get an emotional surprise
- Hilarious! Southwest flight attendant tries to "spice up" safety instructions
- 79-year-old dancer on "Britain's Got Talent" leaves Simon Cowell in awe
- Man arrested after backpacks found at Boston Marathon finish line
- Arctic Monkeys, Berlin among Summerfest's latest headliners revealed