Prize-winning dairy cow killed in inattentive-driving crash
Police say the woman was reading a text message while driving Saturday night, October 6th. She allegedly swerved into a cattle trailer in the next lane, causing the trailer to crash into a ditch and overturn.
Inside the trailer were eight prize-winning Jersey cows from the Dairy Expo valued at around $500,000.
One cow died in the crash. The others were led safely from the overturned trailer by other Expo-goers who saw the crash and stopped to help.
Neither driver was hurt.
World Dairy Expo general manager Mark Clarke says the owner of the cow is from a state outside of Wisconsin.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee