Several Milwaukee aldermen call for federal investigation into MPD
The request is being made in the wake of charges being filed against four officers who are accused of conducting illegal strip searches.
Those who called for the investigation include Ald. Willie Hines, Ald. Ashanti Hamilton, Ald. Joe Davis, Ald. Milele Coggs, Ald. Willie Wade, Ald. Jose Perez and Ald. Tony Zielinski.
The alderpersons feel “a broader view of the situation is warranted in order to look into potential patterns and practices of police misconduct and civil rights violations in the Milwaukee Police Department.”
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
CLICK HERE for additional coverage on the Derek Williams’ case via FOX6Now.com.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- Rosie O'Donnell 50 pounds lighter! How'd she do it?