Hartford man struck by car, killed while walking his dog
WASHINGTON CO. — Washington County Sheriff’s officials say 64-year-old Angel Medina of Hartford was killed after he was struck by a car on County Highway K near Patton Drive Sunday night, October 14th.
Officials say a vehicle driven by 60-year-old Susan Posik of Hartford was traveling southbound on County Highway K and struck Medina.
A preliminary investigation revealed Medina was walking back to his residence in the southbound lane of County Highway K after picking up his dog from a nearby kennel. Police say it was raining at the time, and the area is not illuminated by street lights.
Officials say Medina was transported to Aurora Medical Central in Hartford, where he was later pronounced dead.
Authorities say Posik and the man’s dog were not hurt.
Officials continue to investigate, but say alcohol and excessive speed are not believed to be contributing factors.
- Popular TV program "Cosmos" makes a comeback on FOX Sunday night
- New leads explored in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
- Police investigating death of baby boy, mother in custody
- Four teens shot while inside vehicle, one critically injured
- One person killed after car strikes tree in Milwaukee