All ramps in Mitchell Interchange now open to traffic
MILWAUKEE — All ramps are now open to traffic within Milwaukee’s Mitchell Interchange.
On Tuesday morning, October 16th, the ramp from Layton Ave. to northbound I-94/43 was opened to traffic. Commuters can now also travel north into downtown Milwaukee from College Ave. because the collector ramp that connects to northbound I-94/43 is now open after several years of closure.
Some cleanup work and striping is still needed in the Mitchell Interchange — but traffic delays should be minimal.
The Mitchell Interchange project is just one facet of a project to rebuild the I-94 north-south corridor from the Wisconsin-Illinois border. The rest of that project is expected to be complete in 2017.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery