Woman ruled competent to stand trial in 1957 death of her child
SHEBOYGAN — A judge ruled on Tuesday, October 16th that a Sheboygan woman accused of killing her baby 55 years ago is competent to stand trial. The accused is 76-year-old Ruby Klokow. Her attorney did not challenge the ruling.
Klokow was charged after her son came forward in 2008 with stories of horrific childhood abuse, including allegations that his mother kicked him with steel-toed boots so often that he still has knee problems.
Klokow’s attorney had asked for a competency exam, as he was concerned as to whether she would be able to assist in her own defense.
Klokow will be back in court in about two weeks for a scheduling conference.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- McDonald's customers shocked by workers manning drive-through
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Convicted killer gets tongue-lashing from judge: "I hope you die in prison"
- An inside job? Police have new information on bank robbery
- MISSING: Police ask for your help in locating 13-year-old girl