Khloe Kardashian, Mario Lopez officially join ‘X Factor’ as hosts
(CNN) — It didn’t take long for “The X Factor” to seal the deal with Khloe Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez.
Earlier this month, a source close to the show told CNN that the pair were in final negotiations to become hosts on the Fox singing competition, and on Tuesday, Fox announced that the two are officially on board.
We’d have to agree with Simon Cowell, who said in a statement that “the worst kept secret in Hollywood is out.” He added that viewers can expect Kardashian Odom and Lopez to debut as hosts in November.
“I couldn’t be happier,” said Cowell, who’s also added new faces to the judges’ panel for season two. Joining Cowell and season 1 judge L.A. Reid this year has been Britney Spears and Demi Lovato. The two pop stars replaced first season judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul, while new hosts Kardashian Odom and Lopez are replacing the one-man band that was Steve Jones.
Cowell explained in February that he was looking for two hosts because having just one person on stage was limiting.
“You’ve got so much information to relay as one person, it’s impossible to have one person doing a hosting job,” he said. “You’ve got to give out so much information now, they’re like newscasters now, these hosts. It’s a much bigger role, I think there’s a fun way to do it with two people. I always wanted a boy and a girl to host the show and I think it’s going to happen now.”
And so it has. Both of the new hosts used exclamation points to convey their “X Factor” fandom in a statement, with Lopez adding that he and Kardashian Odom “have been friends for years, and I know we’ll be a great team and have a blast.”