15-year-old girl hurt after being struck by van in Waukesha
WAUKESHA — A 15-year-old girl was hurt on Thursday morning, October 18th after she was struck by a van in Waukesha.
The accident happened at the intersection of Summit Avenue and Greenmeadow Drive just before 8 a.m. That’s about three blocks north of Waukesha North High School.
Police say the van’s driver indicated and began to turn southbound from Summit on to Greenmeadow. At the same time, the girl began to step into the crosswalk, but did not see the van. That’s when the van struck the girl.
The girl was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital with minor head and leg injuries.
The driver of the van was not hurt.
Officials say neither drugs nor alcohol were factors in this incident. They say it’s not known whether speed was a factor.
Monitor FOX6 News and FOX6Now.com for updates on this developing story.
- 27 indicted in drug conspiracy case, firearms & money seized
- Police: Man killed wife after 56 years of marriage because she was "nagging" him
- Teen canoeist found safe, but "nobody should be putting canoes in rivers"
- Unexpected: Baby gorilla named Kassiu dies at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- CUTE ALERT! Baby unable to talk, yet argues with father